- On Thursday, the nation turned its eyes to the Supreme Court of the United States as it announced its monumental decision on the constitutionality of ObamaCare. Shortly after 10 am, CNN incorrectly reported that the court had struck down the bill's individual mandate, causing a flurry of confusion as the Supreme Court of the United States blog reported that the mandate would stay, but as a tax. Here, a look at the reactions to CNN's announcement:
- — Dan Stewart (@thatdanstewart)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:10:08
- — James Poniewozik (@poniewozik)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:26:00
- — West Wing Reports (@WestWingReport)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:21:52Someone at #CNN is going to get fired. A mistake along the lines of "Dewey Defeats Truman" - unconscionably sloppy & egregious journalism
- — West Wing Reports (@WestWingReport)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:33:01Of course, some journalists taking shots at #CNN for its sloppiness today are the same ones who said Gabby Giffords was dead
CNN's individual mandate announcement fail: Twitter reacts
CNN incorrectly reported that the court had struck down the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate, causing a flurry of confusion and outrage.
byThe Week2 Likes8,308 Views