- Here's a cheery thought: In terms of ticket sales, films nominated for best picture have had one of their worst years in four decades
- But that wasn't going to ruin anyone's mood
- — Aaron Fullerton (@AaronFullerton)Sun, Feb 22 2015 22:47:32AND FINALLY, BEST PICTURE NOMINEES AS EMOJIS: 🇺🇸🔫🍺😢📞 🎭🎬🐤👨🎭 👶🔜👱🔜👨 🗻💶🏯👊🏂 🇬🇧👬🍻💻📌 ⛪️💥◼️📮👣 👰🎩🔭📝💺 🎼🎶🎺🎷✊ #Oscars2015
- Best Supporting Actor J. K. Simmons turned up in headgear that would put Pharrell to shame
- With Lady Gaga performing, the Twittersphere was buzzing with theories about which song she'd be crooning...
- — Lady Gaga (@ladygaga)Sun, Feb 22 2015 23:14:07I'm so excited to perform at the #Oscars tonight. I'm honored to be wearing 3 custom Azzedine Alaïa pieces, his first ever for the Oscars.
- ... or indeed which activity she'd be participating in
- The force was typically strong throughout the evening
- The rain did its best to steal the show
- Some attendees got pretty tweet-happy in the lead up to the main event
- Everything really was awesome for The Lonely Island
Oscars 2015: 87th Academy Awards
The very best social media shenanigans from the big night. Scroll down to see how the night unfolded on Twitter
byThe Times3 Likes6,473 Views