- — Jessie Devine (@Jessie_Devine)Tue, Mar 01 2016 18:02:01When writers you've supported forever suddenly land a giant book deal and unfollow you and everyone else who doesn't have one.
- — Summer Heacock (@Fizzygrrl)Tue, Mar 01 2016 18:29:55After I left my first agent, some successful friends literally said they could only be friendly to me in private because of being unagented.
- — Summer Heacock (@Fizzygrrl)Tue, Mar 01 2016 18:30:32And I'm very serious about that. There are still people who won't publicly play with me because I haven't announced a book deal.
- — T.S. Ferguson (@TeeEss)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:04:432. Your book deal doesn't make you better than your unpubbed friends. And their lack of a deal doesn't make them a detriment to ur success.
- — T.S. Ferguson (@TeeEss)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:06:495. And let me be clear, I don't give a shit what ur agent advised u to do. Bc I know there are agents advising this. Those agents are gross.
- — T.S. Ferguson (@TeeEss)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:07:306. And agents who are advising clients to do this...stop it! You are not helping your clients. This is not good business, it's desperation.
- — T.S. Ferguson (@TeeEss)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:08:457. Also, not that this is JUST about @Fizzygrrl, but pub deal or not, she's loved by MANY in the industry. So dropping her...NOT a benefit!
- — Jenny Han (@jennyhan)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:41:01Please don’t approach writing diverse characters like it’s putting money in a swear jar https://twitter.com/TeeEss/status/704746084145487872 …
- — T.S. Ferguson (@TeeEss)Tue, Mar 01 2016 19:43:43Jenny's right & I apologize. Meant that to come out like "instead of being a dick, put your energy to doing good." https://twitter.com/jennyhan/status/704753328664788992 …
Cool Kids Club not actually cool, duh!
byT.S. Ferguson306 Views