- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Mon, Feb 25 2013 02:05:56This series of tweets on my #1stTimeFS (in a round-about way) inspired this blog post: http://outsidethebalks.blogspot.ca/2013/02/a-first-time-for-everything.html ….blogspot.ca/2013/02/a-first-time-for-everything.html
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 03:45:45The following tweets are from Dec14 during my 1st time teaching Family Studies #1stTimeFS [network was down so I'm finally posting now]
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 03:49:36Is it possible to feed a "family" of 24 students for $48.21? I'm about to find out! #1stTimeFS (grilled cheese sandwiches! Yum!)
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 03:50:19Teaching my VERY FIRST family studies cooking class... Seems to be going well since I have a second to sit down... #1stTimeFS
- As a side note: This almost NEVER happens in my DT classes (though it does more regularly happen in IT). Why? Must reflect further.
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 03:56:09FS seems 2b < stress than kids on DT machines! Thinking like a lifeguard - watching for hazard areas: stove/knives! #1stTimeFS
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 04:01:50
- We need to work a bit harder perhaps on the school's Health & Wellness concepts, if this comment is any indication! :)
- That was the FUNNIEST thing I overheard the whole period!
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Sun, Feb 24 2013 04:04:12Stdnt asked: "shouldn't we start doin the dishes?" "Yes " I'll do them!" a few min later... "I don't know how to wash dishes!" #1stTimeFS
- In the end I had to stay after school and wash dishes by myself :( and then I had to leave QUICK because we were on Work-To-Rule... not fun... That whole experience reminded me "You get what you check for" ... should have had a better system to ensure that ALL the dishes got done.
- Glad I took this picture. Shows all the food before it was devoured! I photocopied all the nutrition info off each package too, before I gave it to my students. Can I tell you how weird it felt to photocopy a loaf of bread???
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Mon, Feb 25 2013 02:01:31These tweets are from Jan 28 during my SECOND #1stTimeFS - you'll see why I had to write on paper at the time instead of tweeting :)
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Mon, Feb 25 2013 02:01:39
- — David Hann (@TeacherHann)Mon, Feb 25 2013 02:01:46Hands covered in shortening... Aack! Can't use my phone to tweet!?! Today's project: Banana Chocolate Chip muffins! #1stTimeFS
- Weirdest thing I overheard...
#1stTimeFS - A Learning Journey
Documenting my teaching of Family Studies for the First Time! Celebrating "First Time" Successes (and learning from Failures)! Tweeting and Learning as I go. Personal reflections are posted below, generally not as tweets. http://outsidethebalks.blogspot.ca/2013/02/a-first-time-for-everything.html