- During the morning, teachers and students opened their classrooms to visitors, who sat in on lessons in progress and got a sense of the tech tools used for various subjects.
- A digital slideshow playing in the lobby treated visitors to glimpses of other moments where technology was central to innovations at Edmunds.
- — Tarrant Institute (@innovativeEd)Tue, Feb 11 2014 16:39:01
- The best part? The slideshow was made by the school's principal!
- The afternoon session consisted of "speed-geeking" sessions, where students turned the library into a teaching zone for visitors. Students were on hand to demonstrate tools such as Google Sketch-Up, GoMotion, SpiderScribe, iMovie, EDU 2.0, Magnetic Levitation Vehicles, Quizlet, Google Docs and VoiceThread. The crowd loved it!
- — Kevin Grace (@KevinJGrace)Wed, Feb 12 2014 13:14:11Edmunds Middle School- Students go "Speed Geeking" | Vermont - WPTZ Home http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new-york/burlington/Students-go-Speed-Geeking/24425112 … via @WPTZ #vted #emsvt #btv
- Meanwhile, classes continued upstairs just like any normal day -- which at Edmunds includes Lego time-trials with digital velocity tracking.
Digital Learning Day @ Edmunds Middle School
Following on from last week's widespread #DLDay, on February 11th, Edmunds Middle School in Burlington VT opened their doors to the community, displaying the depth and breadth of technological integrations in the classroom.
byTarrant Institute26,434 Views