- — Justin Doran (@justin_doran)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:38:38A great opportunity for authors to have questions answered by @RSRS_OA live on twitter #tfmentoring https://twitter.com/RSRS_OA/status/842381369841983488 …
- — Janet Remmington (@VariousHats)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:36:54Join in on the #tfmentoring chat live now about academic mentoring #ecrchat #phdchat https://twitter.com/authoraid/status/842382575679242244 …
- Meet our #tfmentoring panel: Andy Nobes, Programme Officer at INASP; Paul Benneworth, Editor of the Early Career Section of Regional Studies, Regional Science; Clare Viney, Chief Executive Officer at CRAC Careers & Vitae, and finally Dr. Tracy Costello, Board of Directors at National Postdoctoral Association & Director at Moffitt Cancer Center.
- — nationalpostdoc (@nationalpostdoc)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:39:06
- — AuthorAID (@authoraid)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:35:20
- Thanks to everyone else who joined us, it was great to have such a diverse range of experiences and views.
- — Haseeb Irfanullah (@hmirfanullah)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:35:59
- — Marcus Grant (@MarcusxGrant)Thu, Mar 16 2017 19:29:12
- — Ismael Kimirei (@IKimirei)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:44:00#tfmentoring I'm an aquatic researcher. I have mentored many young researchers from Tanzania, and currently finalizing one from Nepal
- — Richard de Grijs (@tallstarman)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:27:00
- We began by considering the role of mentoring in academia. From helping secure research grants to boosting productivity, it was clear that mentoring can be incredibly valuable. We explored some of the key benefits of mentoring for researchers:
- — AuthorAID (@authoraid)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:39:56Mentoring vital in LMICs-many researchers feel isolated, lack access to advice/resources, or even snr peers to check their work #tfmentoring
- — nationalpostdoc (@nationalpostdoc)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:41:11
- — Charlotte Huntley (@datamonitor_ch)Thu, Mar 16 2017 14:45:49
Mentoring matters: #tfmentoring Twitter discussion
What happens when you get a group of people together to talk about academic mentoring? A lot happens: an hour long discussion flew by as we tackled all aspects of mentoring - the who, the what, the why, the how. It was clear that mentoring is an important topic for researchers far and wide.
byTandF1 Like186 Views