- The Texas Twitter Taco War began when TPR news director David Martin Davies offered a jab at Austin on "The Takeaway" over their claim on the breakfast taco: "You can't blame them, they always have to work so hard to sound cool."
- — The Takeaway (@TheTakeaway)Tue, Aug 20 2013 15:29:03
- Austin's KUT admitted San Antonio may be the birthplace of the breakfast taco, but then came up with this whopper:
- The call was made.
- Austinites weighed in...
- — Andres Reyna (@512SportsNut)Tue, Aug 20 2013 20:42:36
- — DeniseFlores (@DeniseFlores)Tue, Aug 20 2013 20:34:44
- — SanAntonio Feminists (@SAFeminists)Wed, Aug 21 2013 00:07:43bwahaha laughing at @KUT listeners responding to breakfast taco throwdown by agreeing that SA's are better than Austin's. It can't be denied
- Our own staff, Ryan Loyd and Crystal Chavez, sound off...
- — Crystal Chavez (@CrystalRChavez)Tue, Aug 20 2013 23:57:28
- Many listeners offered suggestions of where the best tacos could be found:
- — Terrence Henry (@TerrenceHenry)Tue, Aug 20 2013 21:19:22
- — Erika Aguilar (@erikaaaguilar)Tue, Aug 20 2013 21:54:17
- Finally, a supreme court justice was asked to decide the issue:
- — Don Willett (@JusticeWillett)Tue, Aug 20 2013 21:54:40
- The final word.
Texas Twitter Taco War
KUT and TPR listeners argue over who has the best breakfast tacos.
byNathan Cone1 Like1,225 Views