- Professor Karl Leydecker, Theme Leader introduced the Theme and its vision. He explained that the three strands of the Theme would comprise: optimising the use of existing evidence; student engagement; and student demographics, retention and attainment.
- — Emilia Todorova (@EmTodorova)Thu, Oct 05 2017 09:23:503 strands of the Theme: optimising use of existing evidence, student engagement & student demographics, retention and attainment #ETevidence
- — Jodie Waite NUS (@NUS_Jodie)Thu, Oct 05 2017 09:28:12
- Delegates were informed that the next QAA Scotland Focus On project would explore Feedback to complement the Theme.
- — Enhancement Themes (@THEMEStweets)Thu, Oct 05 2017 09:32:42Focus on: Assessment & Feedback to run alongside the Enhancement Theme over the academic year #ETevidence
- Institutions were given the opportunity to decide what their priority areas were and if they were interested in collaborating.
- — Mark Charters (@QuiteGinger)Thu, Oct 05 2017 11:19:28I'm now thinking about ethically killer data... data we need to enhance the student experience but is ethically collected #ETEvidence
- There was lots of thought-provoking discussion around what data is, how to capture it and how to use it to influence practice and improve the student experience...
- — Jodie Waite NUS (@NUS_Jodie)Thu, Oct 05 2017 11:35:46
- In the afternoon, VP Education Matt Adie discussed the importance of analyzing student survey qualitative as well as quantitative data and the usefulness of Student-led Teaching Awards data.
- — sparqs (@sparqs_scotland)Thu, Oct 05 2017 13:06:53Triangulation of student survey data is essential. Metrics can tell you a lot but student comments provide most helpful insights #ETEvidence
Launch of the Evidence for Enhancement: improving the student experience Theme
The Evidence for Enhancement Theme launched on 5 October 2017. Staff and students from 19 universities attended the event to discuss what the three-year long Theme should cover, as well as considering what success would look like in 2020 at the end of the Theme.
byEnhancement Themes77 Views