Florida State, already a lock for the NCAA Tournament, earned an automatic berth by defeating North Carolina in the ACC tournament final.
The Seminoles' conference tournament championship fueled speculation from fans and media alike on where the team will be seeded -- and how far it might go -- in the NCAA Tournament.
- — Greg Auman (@gregauman)Sun, Mar 11 2012 19:12:21Hard to imagine a team helping its NCAA seeding in final 48 hours better than FSU has by beating Duke and UNC and winning ACC tournament.
- — Nick Bosser (@nbosser96)Sun, Mar 11 2012 21:16:07Mark my words. Florida state will go deep into the ncaa tournament. With all of the upset wins they've had this year, how could they not?
- — Ruben Meza (@Ruben_Meza_)Sun, Mar 11 2012 21:24:31
Meanwhile, USF fans hoped the Bulls had done enough in the weeks leading up to Selection Sunday to earn their way into the tournament.
- — Amin Sarhaddi (@AminSarhaddi)Sun, Mar 11 2012 21:02:07
- — mikegriffinFL (@)Sun, Mar 11 2012 22:02:34
Will this be the year the USF Bulls end their 19-year NCAA Tournament drought? Where and against whom will the Florida Gators and Florida State Seminoles be playing? Follow along as we bring you speculation, news and reaction on the setting of the 68-team bracket.
byTampa Bay Times 16,000 Views