- First up: Garry Kasparov, political activist, Russian Presidential candidate in 2007, when Russia - briefly - was a democracy.
- — Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63)Wed, Nov 09 2016 06:13:10If you need help explaining to your kids that your president is bad guy and that opposing him is patriotic, I have some experience...
- — Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63)Wed, Nov 09 2016 06:17:06Tell them that power doesn't make someone right. That there are moral laws to fight for that are more important than the leader or his laws.
- — Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63)Wed, Nov 09 2016 06:23:02And if your kids hear you criticizing the president, say that it is your right and your duty to disagree and fight for what you believe in.
- — Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63)Wed, Nov 09 2016 06:32:39And if your kids see you carried away by police, tell them about Gandhi, about Martin Luther King Jr, about Andrei Sakharov. Teach freedom.
- — Jill Biden (@JillBidenVeep)Wed, Nov 09 2016 03:43:28There are no winners. Half the country has openly voted for the oppression of LGBT's, minorities', and women's rights.
- — Jill Filipovic (@JillFilipovic)Wed, Nov 09 2016 02:58:51Eight years of black president followed by a female president was too much of a threat to white male authority.
- — Naomi Klein (@NaomiAKlein)Wed, Nov 09 2016 04:23:00Whatever happens, it's time to bury neoliberalism. We need genuine wealth + power redistribution. Only a real left can fight fascism.
- — Citizen of Nowhere (@sunnysingh_n6)Thu, Nov 10 2016 09:50:21.@Storify So yes globalised economic order is 'broken' but primarily for white men in the global north! And Western right AND left lying about this
- — Citizen of Nowhere (@sunnysingh_n6)Thu, Nov 10 2016 09:40:22
- — Imraan Siddiqi (@imraansiddiqi)Wed, Nov 09 2016 05:55:36CNN right now: "Maybe we shouldn't have acted as a 24/7 infomercial for Trump and reported on actual news instead."
- — Matt Bors (@MattBors)Wed, Nov 09 2016 02:06:26Florida. Half the state's going to disappear in ten years due to global warming. They're going for the guy who says it's a Chinese hoax.
- — Jon Worth (@jonworth)Wed, Nov 09 2016 11:16:19Actually, hold your nose & join a political party. If you’re in one, go to meetings and campaign. Parties in Europe urgently need new folks.
- — Chris Kendall (@ottocrat)Wed, Nov 09 2016 06:48:40What happens when the people who voted for Trump & for Brexit realise it was all based on lies? What happens next? We need to focus on that.
- — Brendan Cox (@MrBrendanCox)Wed, Nov 09 2016 07:01:25Jo & I talked about #Trump winning & what we would do. Right now she'd say 'don't mourn, organise' & reassert what we hold in common.
- — Brendan Cox (@MrBrendanCox)Wed, Nov 09 2016 07:05:01History will judge us for how we respond. This must galvanise the political centre not shatter it. There is too much at stake.
- EU & NATO
- — Guy Verhofstadt (@GuyVerhofstadt)Wed, Nov 09 2016 08:35:40Trump wins. Not only missed chance to elect a 1st woman president. Wake up call for Europe to further unite & take charge of its own destiny
Winter is Here. #Twitter reacts to #Trump win of #USElection2016.
"Don't mourn, organise & reassert what we hold in common." (This selection of tweets is entirely personal, and not based on any metrics.)