Chinatown Development: what should be built at 8th and Vine?
Developers and various organizations presented proposals for a parking lot at 8th and Vine Streets to a packed meeting room at 1234 Market St. Monday night.
- Wei stated he had been in the community for decades, and told the audience his hotel would not focus on profits. He added it would provide 50-80 jobs and "attract tourists from around the region"
- Brown stated that consolidation of 300 lawyers "into one place" would be beneficial to the community.
- Both plans prioritize open space. Parkway Corp's plan would feature about the same amount, but puts a playground at the southeast corner of the lot.
- The Inquirer previewed the meeting last week.
- PlanPhilly has more details on the two plans and some questions members asked at the meeting here.