- We are starting to see more and more schools around the world that are atypical. They do not mis-predict which students can and can’t do. They do not segregate students through structures that we see in most traditional schools. The people running these schools recognise that the world is changing. These are special places that are preparing their students for the innovation economies that their countries so profoundly need.
- — Steph Ellis (@StephEllisNZ)Tue, Oct 04 2016 20:45:19Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. John Dewey. Let's stop telling kids about "the real world". 1/2 #ulearn16
- — Steph Ellis (@StephEllisNZ)Tue, Oct 04 2016 23:42:47Doesn't have to be either/or with student-driven curriculum vs exams. Make it AND: get creative with how internals are taught #ulearn16
- — Steph Ellis (@StephEllisNZ)Tue, Oct 04 2016 23:42:47Katy's gma: there are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think that there are 2 kinds of people & those who don't. #ulearn16
- *Katy's should read Larry's. Damn you autocorrect!
uLearn16 Keynote #1: Larry Rosenstock
It's time to change the subject