- Plaza Cubana, October 16, 2015, was the first PopUp for a Purpose. PopUps for a Purpose, funded by a generous grant from the Knight Foundation, aims to activate people and places to accelerate community engagement amongst the 18-34 year old population, commonly referred to as the “Millennial” generation. This unique series of 8 pop-up style events spanning from October 2015 - May 2016 will temporarily transform outdoor spaces into places for conversations on local topics in downtown Bradenton.
- In the weeks leading up to Plaza Cubana, the Realize Bradenton team created a Pinterest board to help us bring the vision to life.
- We slowly starting turning up the heat... with a Cuban-inspired Spotify playlist. (I might be biased but it's awesome and you should definitely check it out)
- Spreading the word about Plaza Cubana was a fun experiment using Facebook Events, Instagram, and good-old-fashioned word of mouth! How do you like to learn about new, exciting things happening near you?
- Fiesta time! Guests began arriving immediately, and Renesito Avich warmed up the crowd with his incredible Cuban guitar stylings as the sun set over the courtyard.
- What a stunning transformation! The lighting effects of Patrick Bedell, lighting director for the Manatee Players, made such a remarkable difference. Even if you've attended an event in the Museum courtyard before, you've never seen it like THAT. Thanks again, Patrick!
- As you'll see, partygoers had a blast dancing to the hot salsa grooves by Grupo Mango, playing jenga & dominos, enjoying mojitos and Cubanitos, and even snapping pics in the photobooth!
Guests grabbed fun Cuban-inspired props and joined us in the photobooth. Did you get your picture taken? Click here for the album.