- Twitter users believed The AP shifted the blame from the convicted shooter and to McBride. So they rewrote racial incidents in America's history to do the same.
- — Chianta Simone (@ArchiTech28)Fri, Aug 08 2014 03:12:44Free burial given to civil rights workers in Philadelphia, Mississippi after they accidentally fall in earthen dam. #APHeadlines
- Twitter users rewrote history to reflect the genocide of Native Americans.
- Twitter users also noted incidents of police brutality.
- — YvonneMarie (@Eyeambeautiful)Fri, Aug 08 2014 04:43:51New York, Black man on his way to his wedding provokes NYPD and struggles to catch all bullets fired with his body #APHeadlines
#APHeadlines: #BlackTwitter reacts to @AP's #RenishaMcBride tweet
After Theodore Wafer was convicted of fatally shooting Renisha McBride Thursday the @AP's breaking news tweet about the verdict was met w/criticism. #BlackTwitter admonished the news service w/complaints and fictitious tweets that placed blame on black crime victims (current and historic).
bySherri Williams2 Likes641 Views