- As you'll see from the blog post http://sectioneduk.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/madsplaining-as-it-was-mansplained-to-me/ …, the reason I use the word "madsplaining" is because everyone - people with and without lived experience of mental illness - chips in, offers advice and thinks they know best. When it's about a mental health professional or someone without personal experience of mental illness doing the talking down, I've called that "patienting".
Anyhow, here's what I came across online with respect to the terms "sanesplaining" and "psychsplaining".
- The term "sanesplaining" was first used in March 2012 by Angie Jackson - twitter @antitheistangie - based in Denver, Colorado, who's twitter bio describes her as: "Atheist, prochoice vlogger & autism mommy." Here's a link to her YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/AngieAntiTheist … and blog: angieantitheist.wordpress.com …
- Then this year, the term was used by Zoe - twitter @stfumisogynists - first as a stand-alone tweet and then in response to me, it seems!
- I think that twitter conversation was the first time I had introduced the word "mansplaining" to someone else, and this is what Zoe had replied.
- Anyhow, after that, the term doesn't appear on twitter until today: