Check out the blog post for an overview of ocean citizen science projects and #CitSciChat panelist bios.
- Kicking it off with some ocean trivia!
- — Caren Cooper (@CoopSciScoop)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:01:18___, marine biol, conservationists, & author wrote a trilogy exploring oceans in the 1950s & sparked enviro mov’t in 60s #CitSciChat triva
Time to get started! Welcome our panelists.
- — Catalina Lopez (@Catlosa_)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:07:10Particularly interested in how communities adapt 2 conservation/mngmt regulations & improving how science is communicated #citscichat
- — Richard Kirby (@PlanktonPundit)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:07:35
- — Welsh Sea Watchers (@WelshSeaWatcher)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:08:03
- — Redmap Australia (@RedmapMarine)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:08:28
- — Dr Wallace J Nichols (@wallacejnichols)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:05:54My name’s J. I’m one of the panelist on #CitSciChat. I’m a marine biologist. I like turtles ; ) https://twitter.com/CoopSciScoop/status/613769609758527488 …
- — Dr Wallace J Nichols (@wallacejnichols)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:09:06Thanks for including me in #CitSciChat Virtually ALL of science + conservation work I’ve done is #citizenscience https://twitter.com/CoopSciScoop/status/613769990580400128 …
Q1: How does a healthy ocean help us all? Tell us why citizen scientists care about oceans!
- — Welsh Sea Watchers (@WelshSeaWatcher)Wed, Jun 24 2015 18:16:09A1: A healthy ocean also brings wildlife which can help bring improvements to wellbeing #CitSciChat
Citizen Science of the Deep Blue Sea - #CitSciChat
The monthly CitSciChat is run by Caren Cooper (@CoopSciScoop) and sponsored by @SciStarter. Follow us on Twitter to learn more about upcoming chats.