When it comes to car insurance
, we are all well aware that poor driving records leads to high premiums. We all love our money so we try and avoid that as much as possible. Short term car insurance
is included too. However
, what we also know is that, we can make a couple of mistakes, collect a couple of tickets, drive recklessly for a bit before we actually get penalized. But, its a long list, and its very hard to keep in mind. So now here is a list, gathered by insurance.com
to help you see, crystal-clear
which are the most costly mistake.
1. Reckless driving: 22 percent
2. Driving while under the influence: first offense: 19 percent
3. Driving without a license or permit: 18 percent
4. Careless driving: 16 percent
5. Speeding 30 m.p.h. over the limit: 15 percent
6. Failure to stop: 15 percent
7. Improper turn: 14 percent
8. Improper passing: 14 percent
9. Following too close/tailgating: 13 percent
10. Speeding 15 to 29 m.p.h. over limit: 12 percent
11. Speeding 1 to 14 m.p.h. over limit: 11 percent
12. Failure to yield: 9 percent
13. No car insurance: 6 percent
14. Seat-belt infractions: 3 percent
For more specific results, head on over to insurance.com
to calculate the actual figures with details such as age, state, marital status and the length of commitment you've had with the company.
Find out more at Savant Insurance Advisor.