In teams of two, students in Professor Fox's JRMC 202 [Multimedia Writing] class took to the AUC plaza to find these 10 journalistic jewels before the hour glass ran out:
1. A professor on the street. Photo and quote from a professor on campus. Ask them what they think the role social media plays in social change, such as throughout the region/Middle East. Be sure you include the professor’s title and department.
2. A student on the street. Photo and quote from a student. Ask them where they get their news and if they use social media to keep up on the news. Be sure you include their year in school and major.
3. Academic excellence. Photo and quote that reveals (you are going to have to be creative) how AUC contributes to cutting edge research and/or learning.
4. A little-known fact. Photo and quote of something you think many people might not know about AUC/our campus, even some of us who go to school/teach here.
5. An extracurricular extravaganza. Photo and quote that exemplifies some of the huge variety of clubs, organizations, etc. available to students at AUC.
6. Fanatic fans/Sports. Photo and quote from somebody about AUC sports teams or the sports facilities.
7. School spirit! Photo and quote from someone (not you or your partner) revealing school spirit (what exactly that means is up to you).
8. A Photo and quote of/from somebody (not you or your partner) at their favorite eating spot on campus. Be sure to include their name, title, etc.
9. A Scenic spot. Photo of a scenic spot on campus.
10. A photo of you and a photo of your partner each in your favorite spot on campus.
Here's what my partner, Nada, and I discovered:
For a six-second video, this sure took a lot of time to produce!
Kudos to this sweet guy for putting his lunch aside so Nada and I could shoot this.
Nada and I share a love of people-watching.
We weren't the only ones to strike gold. Take a look at what fellow JRMC classmates, both at AUC and abroad, discovered: