- — Tessa McKenzie (@tessa_vcu)Thu, May 28 2015 15:58:01A must read for today's twitter discussion. @emilyellen74 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483026/ … #CuriousCoLab @ValerieHolton
- — Valerie Holton (@ValerieHolton)Thu, May 28 2015 17:00:10Welcome to #CuriousCoLab Twitter Conversation about Ethics and Power in #VCUCEnR @VCUCommunity http://rampages.us/communityengagedresearch/2015/05/28/ethics-twittery/ …
Ethical challenges re: community partners
- — CuriousCoLab (@CuriousCoLab)Thu, May 28 2015 17:00:57Q1 What unique ethical challenges do we face when conducting research in collaboration w/comm. partners? #CuriousCoLab
- — Rachel Casey (@rcaseycat)Thu, May 28 2015 17:02:04#CuriousCoLab Q1: CEnR requires balancing power in pursuit of community goals that are sometimes incongruous with the researcher's agenda.
- — Rachel Casey (@rcaseycat)Thu, May 28 2015 17:04:04#CuriousCoLab A1: Researchers must consider how findings will reflect on the community... research results aren't always positive.
- — breun ricketts-belch (@BreunBelcherSW)Thu, May 28 2015 17:04:19
- — Kim McKnight (@ClassMcKnight)Thu, May 28 2015 17:04:33#CuriousCoLab A1 community vs. academic expertise is a big 1 for teachers bc of the issues I've seen w/ control misunderstanding
- — Laura Gogia (@GoogleGuacamole)Thu, May 28 2015 17:05:49YES - or they just don't line up with what the community (or researcher) wanted them to be #curiouscolab https://twitter.com/rcaseycat/status/603970002576875520 …
- — Samantha Marks (@pharma_sis)Thu, May 28 2015 17:05:12#CuriousCoLab Q1: potential informed consent issues when community providers are involved - pts may feel pressured to participate
- — Rachel Casey (@rcaseycat)Thu, May 28 2015 17:07:13
- — Samantha Marks (@pharma_sis)Thu, May 28 2015 17:08:00
Ethical Considerations in CEnR
CuriousCoLab Live Twitter Discussion May 28, 2015
bySamanthaDace1 Like31 Views