STLHE 2016 was the biggest conference yet!
- — STLHE | SAPES (@STLHE2016)Wed, Jun 22 2016 12:54:31Whoa ... Deb Dawson just announced this is the BIGGEST #STLHE16 conference with over 800 participants. Thank you for joining us! (dh)
Engaging sessions - from the preconference, to interactive and research presentations, to the Posters and Pecha Kuchas - elicited participation and reflection on conference themes
- — Brad Wuetherick (@bwuetherick)Thu, Jun 23 2016 20:27:29Educational leaders - provide vision, understand local context, foster communication, & involve/enable others to enact change #stlhe16
- — Brett McCollum (@McCollumBrett)Thu, Jun 23 2016 18:01:35Learning about how to construct and facilitate error and failure for growth mind sets and deep learning #STLHE16 in the rapid fire session
- — Karyn Mart (@KarynMart)Fri, Jun 24 2016 00:28:00Learned new ways to be an active learner in my classroom. Reminder that we need to be as open to learning as we expect students. #STLHE16
- — Coll Burgess (@CollaLibrarian)Fri, Jun 24 2016 14:56:40#STLHE16 move from calling each other out to calling each other in. We all make mistakes. We can judge & divide or forgive & connect.
A bustling poster session brought great ideas and fantastic food together in one spot
Three inspirational plenary sessions were conference highlights
- Dr. David Helfand:
- — Mary Harrison (@DrMaryHarrison)Wed, Jun 22 2016 14:08:48Dr. David Helfand invites us to "rethink what it is that education is trying to accomplish." #stlhe16
- — Carolyn Ives (@CarolynIves)Wed, Jun 22 2016 13:53:59Helfand: depth of engagement can be profound when students have autonomy and work under the guidance of a committed prof. #STLHE16
- — Carolyn Hoessler (@carolynhoessler)Wed, Jun 22 2016 14:08:37Helfand's talk reminds me of difference b/w informational learning & transformational learning! Our Aim: More bits or New sights? #STLHE16
- Dr. Leslie Ortquist-Ahrens:
- — Carol Rolheiser (@crolheiser)Thu, Jun 23 2016 13:35:42Leslie Ortquist-Ahrens: "Partnerships are based on respect, reciprocity and shared responsibility between students and faculty" #STLHE16
- — Catherine Anderson (@candersHamilton)Thu, Jun 23 2016 13:07:23Leslie Ortquist-Ahrens from Berea College on students as partners in teaching & learning. Education can give students power. #STLHE16
- — Supratim Ghosh (@supratimghosh)Thu, Jun 23 2016 13:46:56Great motivation for engaging students as partners in learning. Thanks you Dr. Ortquist-Ahrens! #STLHE16
A summary of STLHE 2016 in London, Ontario, Canada!
bySTLHE | SAPES196 Views