- Sophie helped right from the get go. This is us 'round Midnight local time on Friday. If it wasn't for her getting me out of the house on walks I would have probably died.
- And so Day 1 officially commenced! Got a jumpstart the night before at least.
- ...it quickly got soul crushing. I did NOT stop at 4 PM. My discipline is lacking.
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sat, Sep 02 2017 19:23:34Man this is slow-going. 8k, 34 pages. 12k is the goal for the end of the day, but I'd like to stop at 4PM & try to enjoy the day #3DayNovel
- Everyone had their struggles!!
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sat, Sep 02 2017 20:50:07What kind of music are you blasting while charging into the #3DayNovel? I've got Josh Groban, LOTR soundtrack & atmospheric instrumental!
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sat, Sep 02 2017 21:17:41<Heavy sigh> 10k mark. 44 pages. I know I'm gonna be grateful I got the jump on this when the weekend is over. Dog walk break! #3DayNovel
- AND I AM.
- Huh I wonder if this painting has anything to do with my books at all, no, no, the fox mask is a coincedence.
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sun, Sep 03 2017 17:54:34Back on the #3DayNovel train. For those taking a break here's a great article by @kellyoyo on writing @clarkesworld! http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/another_word_09_17/ …
- Day 2. THE LONG SLOG.
- I got up super early on Day 2 to do a boxing workout to try and just get out of the house/my head. It was VERY HARD AND PAINFUL.
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sun, Sep 03 2017 19:12:18I have written 1000 words today. Just SCREECHING ALONG HERE. We all have troughs. 52 pages. A'WAY'HEY AN' UP SHE RISES #3DayNovel
- I DID take a lot of breaks, and it actually helped me reach 19k instead!
- — Samantha Mary Beiko (@SMBeiko)Sun, Sep 03 2017 19:45:43I'm gonna invest a chunk of time in taking breaks, today. If I make it to 15k total, I'll be happy. But no mental breaks = death #3daynovel
- You can tell I started, uh, floundering at about this mark on day 2
3 Day Novel Contest Writing Marathon 2017
S.M. Beiko's progress writing 25k words/100 pages in 3 days!
bySamantha Mary Beiko6 Views