- Former Oklahoma State running back Barry Sanders:
- — Barry Sanders (@BarrySanders)Mon, May 20 2013 22:55:40I don't even know what to say. My thoughts, prayers, concerns, and heartache goes out to my family, friends, and everyone in Oklahoma.
- Dodgers outfielder and Oklahoma City native Matt Kemp makes a performance-based financial pledge:
- — Matt Kemp (@TheRealMattKemp)Tue, May 21 2013 03:42:20I'm giving $1000 for tonight's HR and every HR until the All-Star break for the victims of my hometown in OKC. #PrayforOklahoma
- Oklahoma City Thunder players tweeted their support:
- — DerekFisher (@derekfisher)Tue, May 21 2013 04:09:23Pray for all the people of Oklahoma impacted by the tornadoes. Yesterday & today were devastating to… http://instagram.com/p/Zj08uFvhrX/ /Zj08uFvhrX/
- New York Mets pitcher Jeremy Hefner attended one of the schools that was hit.
- — Jeremy Hefner (@jeremy_hefner53)Mon, May 20 2013 22:25:19My thoughts and prayers are with everyone back home.. I attended one of the schools that was hit.. Wish I was there to help.
- Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden played college ball at Oklahoma State:
- — Brandon Weeden (@bweeden3)Mon, May 20 2013 21:13:48Devastating damage to Moore, Oklahoma due to Tornadoes. Please keep these people in your prayers. Thankfully @MelanieWeeden family is safe.
- FOX NFL analyst Troy Aikman played one season for the Oklahoma Sooners:
- — Troy Aikman (@TroyAikman)Tue, May 21 2013 03:12:56So thankful my sister and family are safe in Norman but my thoughts and prayers go out to all those impacted by the storms in Oklahoma.
- New Jersey Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti:
- — Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice)Tue, May 21 2013 02:55:43Turn on Weather Channel and watch Moore, Okla. tornado coverage and you won't care about any NHL officiating decisions tonight.
- Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari's foundation will make a financial donation to victims:
- — John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari)Tue, May 21 2013 03:00:46The Calipari Foundation will be donating $10k to the Red Cross for the victims & families effected by this horrendous tornado in Okla.
- Denver Nuggets forward Andre Iguodala:
- LA Lakers forward Pau Gasol:
The sports world reacts to Oklahoma tornado
A compilation of sports world reactions to the vast, deadly tornado that struck Oklahoma on May 20, 2013.
bySports Illustrated13,479 Views