- — Ophelia Brown (@bandaidknees)Tue, May 24 2016 22:19:58This is a reminder that #MeBeforeAbleism is a safe space for people to talk about their physical disabilities, please respect that.
- — alice wong (@SFdirewolf)Wed, May 25 2016 01:40:56Some guidelines I co-authored on better reporting on disability that's anti-inspiration porn: https://medium.com/disability-stories/the-inspiration-porn-resolution-a30baf972499#.azl64k3sd … #MeBeforeAbleism
- — alice wong (@SFdirewolf)Wed, May 25 2016 01:42:41Pretty exhausting always reacting to so many dehumanizing portrayals of disabled ppl like me in non-fiction & pop culture #MeBeforeAbleism
- — karolyn gehrig (@karolynprg)Wed, May 25 2016 01:52:21I'm disabled and my life is actually awesome, aside from the ableist stuff that gets thrown at us 100x a day. #MeBeforeAbleism
- — Chronically Fab♿️ (@IsaJennie)Wed, May 25 2016 02:39:22
- — Julia Bascom (@JustStimming)Wed, May 25 2016 03:23:50My joy, my hands, the way I talk, the way I freeze, the help I need-it's all beautiful. My autism is beautiful. So's yours. #MeBeforeAbleism
- — Julia Bascom (@JustStimming)Wed, May 25 2016 03:25:35There where whole yrs of my life where I didn't know I was supposed to be ashamed of my brain. And then I started to hide. #MeBeforeAbleism
- — Kat♿ (@KSchlauri)Wed, May 25 2016 05:45:12#MeBeforeAbleism because I'm not alive to teach able-bodied people to live their lives better because they're afraid of having mine.
- — ✨ sandra ☔ (@sicklefrijoles)Wed, May 25 2016 12:55:30TW suicide #MeBeforeAbleism because people think telling us they would kill themselves if they were disabled is some huge compliment
- — Michele of NYC (@RebelWheelsNYC)Wed, May 25 2016 13:46:37So many ppl think "omg. being disabled. could there be anything worse?" but w/ proper support you find that life goes on #MeBeforeAbleism
- — David Gillon (@WTBDavidG)Wed, May 25 2016 15:21:01
Die, ableist tropes, die! #MeBeforeAbleism #MeBeforeFuckYou
Before the US premiere of the film "Me Before You" on 6/3/16, many people took to social media to criticize its representation of disability. @bandaidknees created the hashtag #MeBeforeAbleism and @lollardfish created #MeBeforeFuckYou. Enjoy.
byalice wong1,597 Views