- Writing activities helped pupils imagine what it must feel like to be a refugee
- ...and share their own messages of solidarity and welcome
- The week featured music, drama, film and even a radio show
- Working with local museums, art galleries, libraries, universities and refugee organisations helped young people connect with refugee stories
- — Redbridge Libraries (@RedbridgeLibs)Thu, Jun 23 2016 21:11:26
- ...and teachers used a range of free Refugee Week classroom resources to plan assemblies and lessons
Schools do Refugee Week 2016
In June 2016, young people in hundreds of schools across the country took part in Refugee Week, celebrating what refugees bring to the UK, learning about the reasons people seek sanctuary and exploring the 2016 theme of welcome. Here is a small taster of what they did!