- I researched my fourth book called Finding Thomas and made a number of discoveries about life after death that jolted me.
- During my formative years, I was taught in religious studies about God and heaven. It all made sense, but is it real?
I started researching Finding Thomas in 2009 and organised to see a number of different Mediums. In between, my two brothers died eight weeks apart. When I visited the Mediums I was told exactly how one of my brothers died - long before the Police report came into my hands to confirm what I was told. The other brother was said to be 'in the healing halls'.
The story in my book is fiction, but I interviewed a number of people who all had similar experiences after they suffered accidents and 'died' but returned to Earth to complete their lives. All related similar tales of leaving their bodies, meeting loved ones in heaven who had died sometime before and feeling as if they were in a place of purest love.
Finding Thomas was written to exemplify people who have suffered near-death experiences and have found themselves changed in some ways.
- One of the common feelings people who have had a near-death experience say happened to them was a tremendous feeling of love washing over them.
- There were other effects too like being able to contact the spirits of people who had died, feeling agitated when near some electrical appliances. I used these devices in Finding Thomas as a way of showing people how this could play out through my character Kit Green.
- Kit became sensitive to electrical beams directed at him from cameras and barbecues, and found he could easily communicate with those who had passed over.
- In Finding Thomas Kit Green is your typical teenager - except he 'died' after a home accident and was revived on the operating table. His near death experience has given him the ability to see and talk with the dead. Kit's father works for a politician whose political party is posturing to win government at an upcoming election. The dead teenage son of the politician works with Kit to uncover a plot that could bring the government to its knees and the murder of both boys' fathers. Finding Thomas explores the effects on some people who leave their bodies and go to 'heaven' before being told to return to Earth to complete their lives.