- Chris Kyle, the Navy SEAL who the Oscar-nominated box office sensation "American Sniper" is based on, wrote a book by the same name that encapsulates his hatred, bigotry and enthusiasm for killing Iraqi "savages". But Kyle's unrepentant bloodlust is missing from the movie, which valorizes him as an anguished hero.
- So here is the real Chris Kyle in his own words:
- In stark contrast, the Hollywood version of Chris Kyle is complex and likable. I knew going into the movie that Kyle would be sanitized for mass appeal. What I was not prepared for is the outrageous lengths to which the film goes to erase US criminality in Iraq while portraying the local Arab population, including small children, as irrationally violent monsters.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:58:22I watched @AmericanSniper. It's brilliant propaganda that erases US crimes & sanitizes Chris Kyle's racist enthusiasm 4 killing "savages"
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 11:00:38A common theme throughout @AmericanSniper is Arab women & children as armed fanatics. They're only victims when scary Arab men abuse them.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 11:03:40There's a scene in @AmericanSniper where an Arab man called "the butcher" kills a child in front of his father w/ a drill...
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 11:07:01In @AmericanSniper Al Qaeda very suddenly appears in Iraq w/ no explanation of how. The US opened the floodgates. Erasing this is propaganda
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 11:21:44Going into @AmericanSniper I thought the worst part was its glorification of a killer. But the real danger is its rewriting of the Iraq War.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Fri, Jan 16 2015 11:25:11And its portrayal of Arabs as subhuman creatures who apparently hate children, enjoy severing heads and love death... @AmericanSniper
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Sun, Jan 18 2015 20:00:45#AmericanSniper portrays Iraqi women & children as soulless monsters who Chris Kyle is forced to kill to protect invading US soldiers.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Sun, Jan 18 2015 20:06:34#AmericanSniper practically elevates invading US soldiers 2 civilian status and natives who target the armed invaders are evil terrorists.
'American Sniper' is dangerous propaganda that sanitizes a mass killer & rewrites the Iraq war
While the glorification of American psycho sniper Chris Kyle on the big screen is atrocious, the movie's rewriting of the US destruction of Iraq and racist portrayal of Arabs is worse and far more dangerous.
byRania Khalek15 Likes389,017 Views