- HIT BY TWO DIFFERENT CARS. At least five people standing on a porch, just watching. They did nothing. I'm still a little steamed.
- He was snapping and snarling, flopping like a fish. His hindquarters wouldn't work and he'd peed himself, of course. I didn't know whether he would bite the shit out of me, but I put my hand to his head slowly, and he didn't, and traffic was by then driving AROUND us, so I put my hands under his shoulders and moved him to the sidewalk. Attached a leash (because I'm that guy) so he wouldn't run and hurt himself more and lifted him into my car.
- — Rachael Herron (@RachaelHerron)Tue, Jan 07 2014 18:39:15I pulled over bc I thought he was dead and I always pull freshly dead animals out of the street so kids won't see their beloved smashed.
- Yep. :)
- — Rachael Herron (@RachaelHerron)Tue, Jan 07 2014 18:26:36Doc checking him, will update soon. I am so MAD at people who let sweet dogs run around in traffic, unfixed, no chip.
- He climbed into my lap on his OWN at the vet. That's where he wanted to be. Oh, oh.
- — Rachael Herron (@RachaelHerron)Tue, Jan 07 2014 20:01:49You all are saying I'm very nice. I'm not. I want that irresponsible person not to get their dog back. I want to fix him and foster him >
- — Rachael Herron (@RachaelHerron)Tue, Jan 07 2014 20:02:35But seriously, for the flier: Can I say, "I found your dog, hit by two cars. I took him to the vet for you. Please call to discuss."
- — Rachael Herron (@RachaelHerron)Tue, Jan 07 2014 20:03:02Is that too mean? I don't want to scare off an old person who can't afford care because I'll pay for it. But I want them to REALLY want him.
- — smartyboots (@smartyboots)Tue, Jan 07 2014 20:03:59@RachaelHerron yes, and also phrase it as if you’re REALLY CONCERNED that they can I’d the dog. They should have to jump through some hoops.
Found! The Luckiest Unlucky dog!
I found a chihuahua after it had just been hit twice by two different cars.
byRachael Herron1 Like797 Views