On April 14, 2017, Ryan French, and his group of fellow starry-eyed English students at Plymouth State University, undertook the greatest challenge of their Brit Lit career: Modernism.
- First, the students went over what framed Modernism:
- The class noted the important historical events that occurred during the Modernist period.
- Big changes occurred in the British colonies.
- — Peter Ntourntourekas (@yung_petr0)Fri, Apr 14 2017 16:38:11Boer War between British and Dutch for control of S. Africa 1899-1901, continues British colonialism, increases morale #en3621
- — Peter Ntourntourekas (@yung_petr0)Fri, Apr 14 2017 16:44:17
- Women were given more rights.
- And everything changed with World War I...
- ...and World War II
- After the historical recap, the students discussed what made Modernism.. modern-y
- — Ryan Jace French (@RJaceFrench)Fri, Apr 14 2017 16:36:31Called "Modernism" because of the new idea that English could be a topic of study, and literary analysis could be taught #en3621
A Recollection of Tweets from the Modernist Period
byRyan French10 Views