- This year we visited 21 libraries across 15 European countries, seeing first-hand how innovative public libraries have been making positive impacts on their communities.
- We spoke with library directors…
- library users…
- and Members of European Parliament, passionate about the importance of public libraries in their constituencies.
The message from all was clear: Promoting digital inclusion, lifelong learning and social inclusion, Libraries Change Lives.
- And so to conclude the PL2020 Libraries Tour,we brought this message to the heart of EU policy making in Brussels.
We launched the book and (e)publication Libraries Change Lives: librarieschangelives.eu
- Here HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands and Commissioner Tibor Navracsics with publication,
Libraries Change Lives
- On 16 June 2015 we sat down with EU officials and thought leaders to debate what public libraries mean to Europe, and what more can be done to tap into this under-valued resource.