- — Fran McVeigh (@franmcveigh)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:11:16A1: Pre and post conferences frame the conversations, set expectations together, & planfully allow Tr and Admin. to work together #educoach
- — Mrs. Stading (@tchlrn_ak)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:11:38I like the chance to tell my admin what to expext. Pre C also lets me think through what might go 'wrong' and reflect on that. #educoach
- — SheWhoisCalledThaler (@SheWhoisThaler)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:11:18A1: Communication, communication, communication! Pre/post conferences should propel similar understandings and perspectives. #educoach
- — Katie Petersen (@MsKatiePetersen)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:14:20A1: Communication! Including that failure will happen when trying new things - and this is okay. #educoach
- — Jerry Blumengarten (@cybraryman1)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:17:59A2 Need to build a good relationship of trust, caring to have good pre/post conferences where there is free sharing. #educoach
- — Greg Miller (@millerg6)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:19:21A2. #educoach The challenge is that our schedule does not give us time to do this effectively. It should be a conversation, not a speech.
- — Joey Sagel (@principaljoey)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:20:00A2: Really struggle with the evaluative piece. Tough to be coach and evaluator. All focus is on ratings instead of improvement. #educoach
- — chris fancher (@cfanch)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:28:44There is a relationship of trust that must be established. Teachers need to know we are there to make them better - not punish. #educoach
- — Jessica Johnson (@PrincipalJ)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:28:49A3: I love the ORID framework as a guide for reflective questions http://www.sai-iowa.org/Professional%20Learning/Mentoring/sampleORID.pdf …naeducoachucoach
- — Heidi Veal (@VealHeidi)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:28:50A2 I find that I have to schedule the post conference during the pre conf. otherwise, scheduling the po c gets away from us both. #educoach
- — Joey Sagel (@principaljoey)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:29:05A3: Must guide T's to their own goals that have meaning for them. They can't be my goals.. Must be important to T. #educoach
- — Joey Sagel (@principaljoey)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:35:37A3:Great reminders. As evaluators, we have to be open to learning from the classrooms we visit. Should be a dialogue. #educoach
- — SheWhoisCalledThaler (@SheWhoisThaler)Thu, Jul 04 2013 02:43:09
#educoach Pre/Post Conferences
These are the "nuggets" I favorited from the July 3rd #educoach chat.
byJessica Johnson7,043 Views