- Twitter and Facebook users took time to commemorate the tragic beating of Rodney King, and the riots that followed the trial.
- — Robert Elliott (@tigw9598)Sun, Apr 29 2012 16:59:40#HISTRY On 29 April, 1992 rioting erupted in Los Angeles after a jury acquitted police officers in the beating of Rodney King.
- — Hoopla, Max (@_MaxHoopla)Sun, Apr 29 2012 20:27:06Can't believe it's been 20 years since the Rodney King riots. Seems like just yesterday that African-Americans were police brutality victims
- Other social media users used this time to reflect on how the city of Los Angeles, and the country is affected today.
- — Christophe D Thomson (@thomsonchris)Sun, Apr 29 2012 07:51:35Rodney King 20 years later...social issues surpass racial issues now in Los Angeles. Strong wealth gap among communities themselves...
20th Anniversary of the Los Angeles Riots
Twenty years ago today marks the beginning of the riots that ensued in Los Angeles after a team of police officers were acquitted of charges for the beating of Rodney King. People are recognizing the anniversary of the historic trial, and the violent response of the Los Angeles citizens.
byPrinceton Parker46 Views