- — EMR Stimulus (@EMRstimulus)Thu, May 30 2013 19:29:20Sara Boyns: New definition of 'breach' under HIPAA: A: Under Section 13402 of the Health Information Technolog... http://bit.ly/17zOOQZ
- — Kansas Health Lawyer (@johnathanrhodes)Wed, May 22 2013 12:57:47ISU settles #HIPAA security case for $400,000 http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/article_777e0c12-c29a-11e2-94e6-0019bb2963f4.html#.UZzAuc8eOSQ.twitter …ournal.com/news/local/article_777e0c12-c29a-11e2-94e6-0019bb2963f4.html#.UZzAuc8eOSQ.twitter
- — National Law Review (@natlawreview)Thu, May 23 2013 18:31:23
- — Healthcare IT News (@HITNewsTweet)Mon, Mar 18 2013 14:03:19
- — Geralyn Ferrari (@RocIDPro)Sun, May 05 2013 20:44:39URMC Notifies Patients of Misplaced USB Drive - News Room - University of Rochester Medical Center http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/index.cfm?id=3822 …ter.edu/news/story/index.cfm?id=3822
- — Security News (@netsecu)Wed, Apr 24 2013 22:00:29
- Virus-Infected Medical Devices: Software-controlled medical devices are increasingly interconnected and internet-linked. Many run on older operating systems that are vulnerable to hackers and cannot be changed, even to add antivirus software, because of fear of violating FDA rules. Malware is rampant in many hospitals, from drug compounders to image-archiving systems (tinyurl.com/d6jcx8j).
- Keith Cheresko: First, when (not if) a breach occurs the costs to the health care organization can be substantial not to mention effect on the involved patients.
- — Pray for Medicine (@PrayforMedicine)Thu, Feb 21 2013 22:18:56
- — Mandi Bishop (@MandiBPro)Sat, Feb 16 2013 00:43:52
- — Jeroen (@JeroenSlobbe)Fri, Feb 15 2013 13:36:06Froedtert Hospital warning 43,000 patients their files may have been accessed: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/Froedtert-Hospital-warning-43-000-patients-their-files-may-have-been-accessed/-/10148890/18541500/-/rd1rrhz/-/index.html …news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/Froedtert-Hospital-warning-43-000-patients-their-files-may-have-been-accessed/-/10148890/18541500/-/rd1rrhz/-/index.html
- — Pray for Medicine (@PrayforMedicine)Tue, Feb 12 2013 16:11:352012 Sets New Record for Reported Data Breaches http://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2013/02/2012-sets-new-record-for-reported-data-breaches/ …security.com/2013/02/2012-sets-new-record-for-reported-data-breaches/ Medical: 9.5% of all reported incidents, 1.1 of records exposed.
- — Pray for Medicine (@PrayforMedicine)Thu, Feb 07 2013 16:36:10Healthcare lawyer: privacy officers will still face difficult judgment calls every time a laptop is lost, stolen http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/healthcare-lawyer-probes-hipaa-rule …eiHIPAA.com/news/healthcare-lawyer-probes-hipaa-rule #HIPAA
- — Pray for Medicine (@PrayforMedicine)Thu, Jan 31 2013 23:39:00The industry that holds your most sensitive, irreplaceable information is the most vulnerable. http://wapo.st/XxP5t4 4
EHR Dangers - External Data Security Threats
byPray for Medicine23 Views