- These are the tweets from the Feb. 20, 2014 meeting which I have re-arranged slightly to put similar subjects together.
- She said that in other schools, a little flexibility is practiced, but not at Rupert, where, she said, Principal Mat Moyer is too strict in his interpretation of the policy.
- Hylton said it was "somewhat hypocritical" of the board to have a "healthy snack policy" and to promote healthy habits but served "cookies and cupcakes" to borough council when they hosted borough council for a joint meeting in September.
- On the other hand, Mr. Hylton has cited the "obesity epidemic" in the country and the benefits of exercise when promoting the benefits of having children to walk to school.
- Schools Superintendent Jeff Sparagana said the policy is about promoting healthy habits.Board member Ron Williams, who heads up the board's policy committee, said his group will take a look at the policy.
- Sparagana added that the help the district received in its requests for snow and ice removal were promptly addressed because of cooperative relationship being built between the borough and the school district.
""This is what happens when we work hard to work together,," he said.,