- The venue and menues were excellent, the talks were fantastic, the organizers did a wonderful job, the WiFi let us down.
- — Loïc Lepiniec (@LoicLepiniec)Tue, Jul 07 2015 12:35:30
- — GARNet (@GARNetweets)Fri, Jul 10 2015 20:17:18
- — Bristol Trends (@trendinaliaBRS)Thu, Jul 09 2015 07:43:57On Wednesday 8, #icar2015 was Trending Topic in Bristol for 10 hours: http://www.trendinalia.com/twitter-trending-topics/unitedkingdom/bristol-150708.html … #trndnl
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Tue, Jul 07 2015 08:28:27#icar2015 General advice: Before attending conference, update your web presence! Are your latest papers on your website & easy to find?
- The conference started Sunday evening 5 July with with a keynote lecture from Elliot Meyerowitz
- — Nature Plants (@NaturePlants)Sun, Jul 05 2015 15:32:25Elliot Meyerowitz about Shoot Apical Meristem ("the most important object on Earth"), auxin, Alan Turing, math models, phyllotaxis #ICAR2015
- MONDAY 6 JULY. Monday morning had two plenary sessions. The first, Nutrition and Metabolism I, featured Anne Osbourn, Wolf Frommer, Wolfgang Dröge-Laser, Nicole Linka and Chris Town. (We hadn't sorted out the WiFi at this point so tweets were scarce....)
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:13:42#ICAR2015 Woefully weak wifi signal will limit my tweeting success :-( nice talk by Anne Osbourn on clustered genes for Special metabolism
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:22:27#icar2015 You can read about @AnneOsbourn1 's great work on specialize metabolites here https://www.jic.ac.uk/staff/anne-osbourn/publications.htm … - lots of applications!
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:31:14#icar2015 Wolf Frommer: Measuring mRNA + protein doesn't tell full story of metabolism - augment w/ metabolic sensors eg glucose sensor
- — Global Plant Council (@GlobalPlantGPC)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:35:39
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:36:28#icar2015 Frommer sensors https://dpb.carnegiescience.edu/labs/frommer-lab … - including hormones http://lens.elifesciences.org/02763/index.html … & http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01741 … via Xander Jones
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 07:48:16#ICAR2015 Frommer: This just out! http://elifesciences.org/content/early/2015/06/19/eLife.07113 … Single-fluorophore membrane transport activity sensors with dual-emission read-out
- — mary williams (@PlantTeaching)Mon, Jul 06 2015 08:22:00
- MONDAY 6 JULY. The second plenary session on Monday morning, Plant Growth and Development I, featured Dolf Weijers, Ottoline Leyser, Andrew Millar, Sebastian Wolf and Hongwei Guo.
ICAR (Arabidopsis meeting) 2015
5 - 9 July 2015, Paris The full program is here http://www.arabidopsisconference2015.org/events.php?IDManif=839&IDModule=71&IDRub=1330
bymary williams3,622 Views