- It all started with a picture from Gambit three days before Endymion, 2013.
- Shortly thereafter, we were the first to use the hashtag #KreweOfChad. (We're kind of proud of this accomplishment.)
- And then it got retweeted. Others joined in the fun.
- — BlackenedOut (@BlackenedOut)Wed, Feb 06 2013 22:39:53In a break from tradition, #kreweofchad picks its Queen for the next year by whomever wakes up on Sunday accidentally pregnant.
- Then it just became a thing.
- — Prof. Carl Nivale (@ProfCarlNivale)Fri, Feb 08 2013 15:54:48
- — Prof. Carl Nivale (@ProfCarlNivale)Fri, Feb 08 2013 15:58:57
- Our favorite Yelp review...
- We played nice, though, and brought them pizzas.
Legends of Carnival: The #KreweOfChad
It began in 2013 and became one of the most beloved krewes of Carnival: the Krewe of Chad. Here's the inside story of how #KreweOfChad became part of the Mardi Gras lexicon.
byPizza Nola2 Likes2,245 Views