- — Sgt. William Palmer (@MPD_PIO_Palmer)Mon, Aug 27 2012 21:19:13Military exercise causes minimal disturbance. 15 concerned callers and 2 noise complaints for a total if 17 911 calls.
People weren't calling the police, but that doesn't mean they knew what was going on, despite advanced warning.
- — Brandon Powell (@Brandonpowell91)Mon, Aug 27 2012 18:22:46Anybody know y there r military helicopters and planes weaving in and out of the buildings and all over downtown Minneapolis? Lol #invasion
- — Jason DeRusha (@DeRushaJ)Mon, Aug 27 2012 18:43:53So many calls about the helicopters, we're trying to come up with new creative answers. "Shooting a movie." "Iowa attacked." @nels2185
There were some tongue-in-check theories on why they were there.
- — DiscordianStooj (@DiscordianStooj)Mon, Aug 27 2012 17:27:35I think I just saw the Obama martial-law helicopters fly over DT Minneapolis #thingsmycoworkersprobablythink
- — Mark K Thompson (@nospmohtkram)Mon, Aug 27 2012 22:07:15
Some people were a little scared.
- — Stefanie Pinkney (@stefpinkney)Mon, Aug 27 2012 19:26:35I was ready to go find a basement to hide in, but apparently the low-flying army helicopters right above me were just training. Lovely.
Others were entertained.
And some were glad for a break from a painful Twins game.
- — Kory LaCroix (@KCroix)Mon, Aug 27 2012 17:34:09@Twins record this season, ouch. Target Field, awesome. Watching special ops helicopters fly through downtown MLPS from the Legends club, :)