- — AJ Barker (@A_Barker_82)Sun, Nov 18 2012 13:49:13Well, its official. I am done playing football for the University of Minnesota and I will be looking to transfer next season for my final yr
Folks took sides, even before comment from the university.
- — Joe Welsch (@jjwelsch55)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:58:07@A_Barker_82 WOW! Very impressive, well done for standing up for your rights and beliefs. Good luck on wherever you land next year.....
- — Amanda Farrell (@AMFarrell07)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:58:36Dang. Sad to see @A_Barker_82 leave, but after reading about the situation, happy for him stand up for himself & get out of the situation.
- — Terry Zeller (@iExzel)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:58:30
Even Vikings punter Chris Kluwe joined the Barker bandwagon.
- — Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft)Sun, Nov 18 2012 16:22:44@dbrauer If true (and my bet is it is), it shows neglect by the training staff that should get them fired and complete immaturity by Kill.
- — Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft)Sun, Nov 18 2012 16:24:51@dbrauer Could AJ have approached it a different way? Sure, but everyone has a breaking point. I personally applaud him.
Some people started seeing W's. Red ones.
- — Jay Skebba (@jay_skebba)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:57:40@A_Barker_82 Would love to see you stick it to Kill wearing a big red "W." Good luck with everything, you got a fan in me no matter what.
But there were detractors, too.
- Lots thought his letter sounded like the work act of a self-entitled kid who 'probably got ribbons for participation his whole life.'
- — Matt Galloway (@themattgalloway)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:57:36Kill isn't coming off well here either, but Barker's blog has the stink of an entitled kid whose parents always told him he was special.
- — Corey Goblirsch (@CoreyGoblirsch)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:59:20Good way to handle that AJ Barker. Proving exactly how selfish you are and how you starve for attention. Have fun playing in the MIAC
- — Joan Conway (@Blazer31)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:59:30I wonder if AJ Barker wishes he would have left out the part about his mother's friend thinking he was the best player on the team...
- — Zach Wright (@zwright101)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:03:21If Barker is looking to transfer, his 4,128-word blog post ripping his current coach probably won't sit well with potential future coaches.
And some folks just seemed overwhelmed with the situation.
- — Peter Leslie (@p_leslie10)Sun, Nov 18 2012 14:44:51check out @A_Barker_82 letter, if you've never played college sports don't even pretend to understand it. Money and Sports = Problems
- — Jordan Bishop (@Jordan_Bishop)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:59:06
- — Brett Boese (@PBbboese)Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:57:32Just woke up from a long nap...someone please tell me this AJ Barker internet letter to Jerry Kill is a joke. It has to be, right? Ugh.
Sorry, Brett. Nope.