- — Ciara Ní Chionnaith (@CiaraMK)Sun, Jul 08 2012 19:34:49Skeptics - was there a particular turning point after which you became skeptical? After an experience, a book, meeting/hearing someone etc?
- — Bryan Wall (@Bryan_Wall)Sun, Jul 08 2012 19:35:54@CiaraMK It was a gradual thing. I eventually got to the stage where the stuff in "The Secret" made absolutely no logical sense.
- — Colm Ryan (@colm_ryan)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:15:08@CiaraMK Yes - I read Martin Gardner's "Fads and Fallacies" when I was a teenager. Completely changed my mind about "Unexplained" woo.
- — Scott Gavura (@PharmacistScott)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:20:11@CiaraMK Starting to follow Respectful Insolence following some odd pharmacy inquiries that Orac happend to have blogged on.
- — Tammy (@RationalMom)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:22:32@CiaraMK Pretty much after my son was diagnosed with Autism. I was handed Jenny McCarthy books to read. Emotional appeals/guilt & nonsense.
- — Joey H. (@ExileDispatches)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:23:51
- — Ciara Ní Chionnaith (@CiaraMK)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:28:27
- — Marco Galantin (@MarcoGalantin)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:33:37@CiaraMK when I learned that Santa Claus doesn't exist. Pseudoscience is the adult version of Santa for those traumatised in this passage
- — Chris Chapman (@CandDChris)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:35:29
- — Chris Chapman (@CandDChris)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:38:08
- — Scott Gavura (@PharmacistScott)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:39:21
- — kyliesturgess (@kyliesturgess)Sun, Jul 08 2012 20:43:03@CiaraMK I wrote about it in the intro of my book: http://www.lulu.com/shop/kylie-sturgess/the-scope-of-skepticism-interviews-essays-and-observations-from-the-token-skeptic-podcast/paperback/product-20231133.html …shop/kylie-sturgess/the-scope-of-skepticism-interviews-essays-and-observations-from-the-token-skeptic-podcast/paperback/product-20231133.html (you can see it in the preview pages).
- — Catherine Collins (@RD_Catherine)Sun, Jul 08 2012 21:03:20@CiaraMK Seeing a little old man dressed neatly in threadbare clothes buy a £47 glucosamine supplement in H&B at recmndtn of sales assistant
Your Skeptical Turning Point
Was there a turning point when you became skeptical?
byScott Gavura92 Views