- For the next two days, Internet governance will be discussed in Brazil at NETMundial.
- According to #NetMundial website:"This meeting will focus on the elaboration of principles of Internet governance and the proposal for a roadmap for future development of this ecosystem. The goal is to consolidate proposals based on these two topics. NETmundial represents the beginning of a process for the construction of such policies in the global context, following a model of participatory plurality."
- Here's AccessNow infographic on what you need to know about this international meeting.What is at stake?
- "The draft fails to mention that mass surveillance is a violation of human rights," note AccessNow.
Global Key Internet Activities towards the Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance
- Digital rights activists are very critical of the multistakeholder approach and of the outcome of this meeting.
- The most praised speech was that of World Wide Web Foundation’s Nnenna Nwakanma, representing civil society.
- "My name is Nnenna. I come from the Internet," she started.Here's the full transcript of her speech.