- President Barack Obama might have held a news conference Thursday on serious issues, but his tan suit got much of the attention as Twitter erupted in critiques and jabs over the president's summer sartorial decisions. Obama's tan suit quickly became the focus on the social media platform, earning its own hashtag as both the Beltway crowd and even some fashion experts weighed in.
- — Joel D. Anderson (@blackink12)Thu, Aug 28 2014 20:26:44It's not terrible, thoughjbarrobarro: Did the president announce we're going to war while we were busy making fun of his terrible suit?
- — Leslie Bentz (@lbentzterp)Thu, Aug 28 2014 20:34:29
- — Brian Beutler (@brianbeutler)Thu, Aug 28 2014 20:22:25Missed Obama’s remarks, but from the pictures I’ve seen, the main problems with his suit are the lapels and that it doesn’t fit very well.
- — Wesley Lowery (@WesleyLowery)Thu, Aug 28 2014 20:41:59(Obamabots would all like you to know they see your tweets about the tan suit. They take them v seriously & really don't appreciate them)
- — Mark Byrne (@markwby)Thu, Aug 28 2014 20:32:28.@BarackObama here is that link you were asking about, so sorry didn't send earlier, hope your thing goes w http://www.gq.com/style/suit-guide/200802/milo-ventimiglia-heroes-khaki-business-suits-slideshow#slide=4 …z1Uuf
Twitter stitched to Obama's #tansuit