Twitter users late on Wednesday and early Thursday sounded off on reports that the National Security Agency has been monitoring the call logs of American Verizon users. Here’s a look at the reaction:
- — Bethany S. Mandel (@bethanyshondark)Thu, Jun 06 2013 06:59:51RT @Richardson_Mich: Hill staff: look down at your BBs, now back to me. See that Verizon logo? Your calls and emails are with the NSA now.
- — Arun Chaudhary (@ArunChaud)Thu, Jun 06 2013 04:59:46BREAKING! The Patriot Act blows, be the the first to know. Spoiler alert: It passed the house 357 - 66 and the Senate 98-1. Ask those folks.
- — Brit Hume (@brithume)Thu, Jun 06 2013 06:55:02Re: NSA/Verizon. I'd be more worried if fewer records involved. Only a computer can analyze this many. Data mining useful against terrorism.
- — Doug Mataconis (@dmataconis)Thu, Jun 06 2013 04:30:17If you think Verizon is the only cell phone company that the NSA is getting phone records from via Court order, you're really naive.
- — Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe)Thu, Jun 06 2013 03:17:35"The notion that [Obama] ran as the anti-Bush is now rendered completely ridiculous." -- Nicolle Wallace on NSA collecting phone records.
- — Jeff Jarvis (@jeffjarvis)Wed, Jun 05 2013 23:10:58Keep saying it: Government does not protect privacy; it is the greatest threat to our privacy: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order …013/jun…
- — David Sirota (@davidsirota)Wed, Jun 05 2013 21:06:42Definitive proof that the Obama administration is engaging in a truly unprecedented assault on civil liberties: http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order?CMP=twt_gu …ld/2013/jun…