- The story released Thursday night by the Washington Post revealing that the NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times a year created an uproar on Twitter:
- — Senator Chris Coons (@ChrisCoons)Fri, Aug 16 2013 01:55:05This story http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-broke-privacy-rules-thousands-of-times-per-year-audit-finds/2013/08/15/3310e554-05ca-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html …ld/national… is why we need the protections offe http://www.coons.senate.gov/newsroom/releases/release/senator-coons-cosponsors-two-bills-to-protect-americans-privacy …te.gov/newsroom/relea…
- — Lee Fang (@lhfang)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:30:51So many liberals naively believe warrants matter. WaPo scoop shows that NSA does whatever the hell it wants http://goo.gl/HE25yL
- — Noah Shachtman (@NoahShachtman)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:31:08#NSA's surveillance driftnet has grown so unfathomably large that even its mistakes are enormous. http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/15/the_nsas_data_haul_is_bigger_than_you_can_possibly_imagine …cles/2013/…
- — Amie Stepanovich (@astepanovich)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:40:43NSA tutorials show non-surprising total disdain that NSA internal staff have for oversight and transparency. ie, "let us do what we want"
- — Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:13:29Drip. Drip. Drip. As I said, NSA's public affairs problem is going to make this much, much worse. http://wapo.st/16OO6L5
- — Matt Stoller (@matthewstoller)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:25:14So the NSA 'accidentally' wiretapped the DC area code in an election year when illegal NSA surveillance was anissue. http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-broke-privacy-rules-thousands-of-times-per-year-audit-finds/2013/08/15/3310e554-05ca-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html …orld/national…
- — Kevin Gosztola (@kgosztola)Fri, Aug 16 2013 01:31:25Feinstein, who chairs Senate Intel Committee & supposedly conducts oversight, never saw 2012 audit til WaPo contacted http://wapo.st/1cR57dX
- — Anonymous (@YourAnonNews)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:17:08#NSA has shown they are intentionally breaking the law, incompetant, or both. Either way, it's a cover-up. Gen. Alexander: Resign now.
- — Reza Marashi (@rezamarashi)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:30:51The DC establishment owes @ggreenwald an apology - "NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds" http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-broke-privacy-rules-thousands-of-times-per-year-audit-finds/2013/08/15/3310e554-05ca-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html …ld/national…
- — Matthew Verduci (@Verduci)Fri, Aug 16 2013 02:30:53The NSA scandal looming over the Bush and Obama administrations is the most egregious attack on American values since...Wilson was President
NSA story ignites Tweeters
The story released Thursday night by the Washington Post revealing that the NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times a year created an uproar on Twitter:
byPOLITICO1 Like818 Views