- Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry announced Monday that he will not run for reelection in 2014. The decision opened the door for speculation on Twitter about who is eyeing next year’s now up-for-grabs election for governor and whether Perry will launch another bid for the White House in 2016.
- — Mayor Julián Castro (@JulianCastro)Mon, Jul 08 2013 18:27:42I commend Gov. Perry on his years of dedicated public service. We agree that San Antonio is a great model of American economic prosperity.
- — Forrest Wilder (@Forrest4Trees)Mon, Jul 08 2013 18:24:35
- — Jill Lawrence (@JillDLawrence)Mon, Jul 08 2013 18:35:02.@GovernorPerry won't make the same mistake twice. If he runs for prez in 2016, he'll have a full year to prepare for primaries.
- — Alex Pappas (@AlexPappas)Mon, Jul 08 2013 18:41:25rough AP lede: "Rick Perry, the longest-serving governor in Texas history who famously muttered "oops"... http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/07/08/us/ap-us-perry-whats-next.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes …013/…
Tweets follow Perry announcement
byPOLITICO4 Likes3,884 Views