- After almost six years holding the position as Attorney General, Eric Holder is set to announce his plans to leave his post on Thursday. Holder will be the third longest-serving attorney general if he stays in his position until December, and from the very start he has had a contentious relationship with Republicans. As news of the upcoming announcement made its way across the Beltway, many on the right took to Twitter to say "good riddance" to Holder.
- — Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:36:05With Eric Holder, every Thursday was #ScandalThursday at DOJ. It's not gonna change ==> http://twitchy.com/2014/09/25/whoa-department-of-scandal-getting-a-vacancy-eric-holder-reportedly-resigning/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter …
- — Steve Southerland (@Rep_Southerland)Thu, Sep 25 2014 16:10:47Holder's resignation gives President chance to restore transparency & accountability at DOJ. Will Americans get the leadership they deserve?
- — Tom Rooney (@TomRooney)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:35:12Holder's tenure will be remembered for refusal to uphold law & Constitution, disrespect for role of Congress & contempt for the institution
- — Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:19:49I appreciate AG Holder’s service to our country even though we had strong disagreements at times. I wish him well in future endeavors.
- — Rep. Lee Terry (@LEETERRYNE)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:33:19Wish AG Holder well in his next career. Hope next AG is less political and more true to the law and willing to do real investigations.
- — Rep. Bradley Byrne (@RepByrne)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:20:37With Holder resigning, my hope is for an Attorney General who respects the rule of law instead of trying to find ways around it.
- — Rep. Jeff Duncan (@RepJeffDuncan)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:29:58My words about Eric Holder are strong, but are appropriate given his abysmal record as our Attorney General.
- — Brent Bozell (@BrentBozell)Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:15:02Following his resignation, Eric Holder deserves to be investigated by the FBI. But the left wing press will never cover his scandals.
Right Twitter cheers Holder exit
Enter a description
byPOLITICO2 Likes434 Views