- President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden walked from the White House to a sandwich shop in D.C. on Friday, setting off a flurry of lighthearted commentary on Twitter.
- — Carly Abenstein (@CarlyAbenstein)Fri, Oct 04 2013 10:07:40
- — Christina Wilkie (@christinawilkie)Fri, Oct 04 2013 10:02:59Obama chose DC sandwich shop Taylor Gourmet because: A) he and Biden "were starving," & B) Shop has 10% discount for furloughed govt workers
- — David Seawright (@DavidSeawright)Fri, Oct 04 2013 09:33:05
- — Alan Sepinwall (@sepinwall)Fri, Oct 04 2013 09:35:19Maybe they HAVE been watching the West Wing gov't shutdown episodes! RT @markknoller: Pres Obama and VP Biden depart WH on foot:
- — Colleen Nelson (@ColleenMNelson)Fri, Oct 04 2013 10:09:45Obama returns to the White House on foot after walking to Taylor Gourmet for a sandwich. He says he's having turkey and provolone for lunch
- — Elizabeth Holland (@ejholland10)Fri, Oct 04 2013 10:04:23For a minute I thought Obama and Biden might be walking to the Hill a la Pres. Bartlet. But they were just getting sandwiches. #WWshutdown
- — Mark Knoller (@markknoller)Fri, Oct 04 2013 10:17:05Pres Obama asked Biden for one of his free cookies. "It's one package, man.," said Biden, "I'm not giving you my cookie."