- Tuesday was the anniversary of the tragic bombing at the finish line of last year's Boston Marathon. Lawmakers and politicians marked the occasion on Twitter with heartfelt messages and notes of #BostonStrong.
- — Ed Markey (@MarkeyMemo)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:59:53We will never forget those whose lives were cut short & will keep them forever in our memories and prayers. #BostonStrong
- — Rep. Jim McGovern (@RepMcGovern)Tue, Apr 15 2014 19:51:16One year later, I remain in awe of the resilience of the runners, survivors, and families of the #BostonMarathon. Looking forward to Monday.
- — Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner)Tue, Apr 15 2014 16:55:05
- — Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi)Tue, Apr 15 2014 15:38:581 year later, we stand united—sharing in prayers for the victims, for the strength of survivors, & for a future free from fear #BostonStrong
- — Barack Obama (@BarackObama)Tue, Apr 15 2014 15:14:11"Today, we recognize the incredible courage and leadership of so many Bostonians in the wake of unspeakable tragedy." —President Obama
- — Rep. Martha Roby (@RepMarthaRoby)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:48:15ESPN has a really touching feature highlighting stories from last year's bombing. #BostonStrong http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10751172/boston-marathon-2013-race-remember …
- — Grace Meng (@RepGraceMeng)Tue, Apr 15 2014 20:05:24Remembering the victims, brave first responders & all who were impacted by the Boston Marathon bombing one year ago today. #BostonStrong
- — Deval Patrick (@MassGovernor)Tue, Apr 15 2014 17:27:14We are all connected -- to each other, to events beyond our control, to a common destiny. #BostonStrong is about the triumph of community.
- — Niki Tsongas (@nikiinthehouse)Tue, Apr 15 2014 17:31:21The enduring faces of Boston Strong – emotional piece by @LowellSunNews http://www.lowellsun.com/opinion/ci_25569112/enduring-faces-boston-strong?source=nav …
- — Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo)Tue, Apr 15 2014 16:58:43
- — Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren)Tue, Apr 15 2014 17:53:09
- — Governor Christie (@GovChristie)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:26:54I hope that all NJ will take some time today & think about those families.They need our support & our strength & our prayers. #BostonStrong
- — Rep. Steve Stockman (@SteveWorks4You)Tue, Apr 15 2014 15:07:24Good luck to @RepSinema and the House and Senate staffers running in the Boston Marathon! http://www.rollcall.com/news/boston_bound_capitol_hill_staffers_lace_up_for_marathon_staffers_anticipate-232177-1.html … #BostonStrong
- — Kyrsten Sinema (@RepSinema)Tue, Apr 15 2014 18:35:52@SteveWorks4You thanks Steve! I'm fundraising for victims/survivors @OneFundBoston. Thx for spreading the word! http://www.crowdrise.com/OneFundBostonMarathon2014/fundraiser/kyrstenlindseydanaminichristina …
Pols mark Boston anniversary
Politicians marked anniversary on Twitter with notes of #BostonStrong.