The eyes of the political world were upon Texas on Tuesday night and early Wednesday as Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis led a nearly 13-hour filibuster that eventually killed a tough abortion measure in the Lone Star statehouse. She received an outpouring of support from some prominent politicos and commentators on Twitter — here’s a look:
- — Mayor Julián Castro (@JulianCastro)Wed, Jun 26 2013 00:14:36
- — Rep. Suzan DelBene (@RepDelBene)Tue, Jun 25 2013 20:22:31
- — Sandra Fluke (@SandraFluke)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:58:27
- — Russell Schaffer (@RussOnPolitics)Tue, Jun 25 2013 21:31:22I am glad that I live in a state where it's not necessary to do a #StandWithWendy-like thing. But proud to support her efforts in Texas.
- — Francis H. Choe (@FrancisChoe)Wed, Jun 26 2013 01:02:34Wendy Davis showed the nation the power of a single person in a democracy and the struggles we still face today. I #standwithwendy
- — Clara Jeffery (@ClaraJeffery)Wed, Jun 26 2013 00:22:11