- — Pvt. Chelsea Manning (@SaveManning)Thu, Jan 02 2014 16:41:33
- — Michael Barbaro (@mikiebarb)Thu, Jan 02 2014 03:30:33This will be polarizing. NYT editorial: Snowden deserves clemency as whistleblower who revealed fed law breaking http://nyti.ms/KlskJv
- — Jonathan Wald (@jonathanwald)Thu, Jan 02 2014 04:06:59The @nytimes calling for Snowden clemency is a little like the doctors in Sleeper amazed humans once worried about deep fried fatty foods.
- — Eamon Javers (@EamonJavers)Thu, Jan 02 2014 15:21:38
- — Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth)Thu, Jan 02 2014 09:54:53Snowden exposed major misconduct. Others filing official complaints were ignored/persecuted. He should be pardoned. http://trib.al/1mXHJRr
- — Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald)Thu, Jan 02 2014 16:11:57With the NYT, the ACLU, Human Rights Watch & @SlaughterAM all calling for Snowden clemency, it will be a disorienting day at MSNBC.
Snowden editorials spur Twitter reactions
The New York Times and The Guardian published editorials in the last 24 hours calling for a clemency or plea bargain with former NSA contractor Edward Snowden. The Times wrote he did a "great service" with The Guardian calling his actions a "civic duty"-- sparking immediate reaction across Twitter.