- Comedian Joan Rivers died Thursday at the age of 81. With a career spanning numerous decades and known for her biting humor, many in the media and politics expressed condolences for Rivers and acknowledged her apt for controversy, including her recent comments on the conflict in the Middle East.
- — Larry King (@kingsthings)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:08:35.@Joan_Rivers was a dear & wonderful friend who I've known for 45yrs. Great guest, pal, comedian & mother. We will never see her likes again
- — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:07:50Joan Rivers @Joan_Rivers was an amazing woman and a great friend. Her energy and talent were boundless. She will be greatly missed.
- — Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:11:57Robin Williams & Joan Rivers dead in same few weeks. Arguably the funniest man & woman of my lifetime. Thank you both for all the laughs.
- — Amb. Ido Aharoni (@IdoAharoni)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:12:06Sad to hear about passing of #JoanRivers. She was not only a brilliant comic but had a kind heart and was a good friend of State of Israel
- — Marc Lamont Hill (@marclamonthill)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:07:04I was literally just with Joan a month ago... As always, she had jokes. She told me we were going to have a baby together...
- — Lisa Tozzi (@lisatozzi)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:14:10I was obsessed with Joan Rivers as a kid. Knew 'What Becomes a Semi-Legend Most' by heart, had a fit when my mom's friend stole my cassette.
- — Dan McLaughlin (@baseballcrank)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:28:42I never liked or laughed at Joan Rivers, but given how few women have multi-decade comedy careers, you had to respect her accomplishments.
- — Jesse Spector (@jessespector)Thu, Sep 04 2014 19:25:16First came across Joan Rivers on the ’80s version of Hollywood Squares. Learned over years what a comic genius and pioneer she was. Legend.
Joan Rivers remembered on Twitter