- President Barack Obama announced Friday that White House press secretary Jay Carney is stepping down and will be replaced by deputy press secretary Josh Earnest. Carney, who got his start on the other side of the podium as a journalist, received both cheers and jeers from the press corps and others inside the Beltway upon the announcement.
- — Howard Mortman (@HowardMortman)Fri, May 30 2014 18:10:53Jay Carney to @SteveScully 2006 on being a WH press sec. "It's a tricky job, I'm sure I wouldn't be any good at it" http://www.c-span.org/video/?c3300431/jay-carney …
- — Ari Fleischer (@AriFleischer)Fri, May 30 2014 18:08:47I welcome Jay Carney to the ex-press secretary club. No matter what you think of Jay or his boss, it's a hard & wonderful job. #GetSomeRest
- — Dana Perino (@DanaPerino)Fri, May 30 2014 18:10:19
- — Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin)Fri, May 30 2014 18:17:09LOL MT @pfeiffer44 Not sure anyone in public life has said so many words on TV & made fewer errors than Jay Carney https://twitter.com/pfeiffer44/status/472439790663892992 …
D.C. reacts to Carney's departure